Woodland Burial Service - £1650 (Excluding Burial Plot)
Our Woodland Burial package offers families a more environmentally friendly option with a simple and dignified service at a local Woodland Burial Ground. The basic package can be adjusted to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a medical institution, hospital or hospice (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Within a 25-mile radius of the M25, though we can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care and preparation of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- A simple eco-friendly coffin: Complete with rope handles, a biodegradable shroud and lining, and a name plate.
- Hearse to transport the deceased to the burial ground.
- Graveside attendance/assistance by our staff.
- Times and dates can be chosen by the family: Subject to availability.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- Transportation/transfer of the deceased into our care (outside office hours): £275, subject to location.
- Celebrants/Officiants/Ministers: Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Burial fees.
- Burial plot: We can help you with prices, which start from £2,440 (Green Acres, Epping Forest).
- Viewings: Arranged at your request in our Chapel of Rest. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the time and day of the week. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements. The additional cost for viewings is because your loved one will need additional care before you sit with them.
Please note that embalming is not always possible for a woodland burial.
Disbursements, such as celebrant fees, are payable on arrangement. The outstanding balance is due 48 hours before funeral takes place.
Adding to the Woodland Burial Package
Alternatives to a Woodland Burial
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral or cremation, which can be added to as you wish.
Simple Funeral Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Simple Cremation Package
Direct Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018