Woodland Burial Service - £1850
Our simple Woodland Burial helps families ease the financial burden with a simple and dignified service at a local Woodland Burial Ground. The funeral service can be adjusted to suit your family needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- The transportation of the deceased from any hospital or hospice within a twenty five-mile radius of the M25. We can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- Care and preparation of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- A simple eco-friendly coffin, complete with rope handles, a biodegradable shroud and lining and a name plate.
- The transportation of the deceased to the burial ground and graveside attendance by our staff.
- Times and dates can be chosen by the family subject to availability.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- The transfer of the deceased from private addresses or nursing homes are subject to an additional charge, but we can arrange this for you for £275, subject to location.
- Burial fees for the woodland burial ground. We can help you with prices from £2,440 (Green Acres, Epping Forest).
- You may choose to have an officiant or minister at the service. This is not a requirement – more of a personal choice. If you wish for one to attend fees range from approximately £198 – £250. We can arrange this for you if required.
- Since traditional embalming is not always permitted for woodland burials it may not possible to view your loved one prior to interment. Where preparation is possible, viewings of the deceased in our Chapel of Rest can be arranged. This would cost approximately £195, depending on the day and the time. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements.
Adding to the Woodland Burial Package
Alternatives to a Woodland Burial
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral or cremation, which can be added to as you wish.
Simple Funeral Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Simple Cremation Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018