Traditional Funeral Service - £1995
Our traditional funeral package provides families in London and Hertfordshire with a caring and dignified, more elaborate funeral service. The package can be adapted and tailored to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- The transportation of the deceased from any hospital or hospice within a twenty five-mile radius of the M25. We can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- Funeral arrangements can take place in either the comfort of your home or at our premises.
- The care and funeral preparation of the deceased.
- Viewings in our private Chapel of Rest (at your convenience).
- A choice of three high-specification coffins with name plate.
- The transportation of the deceased by Hearse to the funeral service.
- One limousine to carry the family/loved ones to the funeral service.
- Funeral Director and pallbearers to officially escort the coffin to the service.
- Your choice of music at the service.
- Burial fees.
- The Certificate of Death.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- The transfer of the deceased from private addresses or nursing homes are subject to an additional charge, but we can arrange this for you for £275, subject to location.
- Doctors’ fees for signing the death certificate to enable a funeral service to take place. This is a statutory requirement for cremations and the charge is £164 in total (two payments of £82). Please note that if Her Majesty’s Coroner is involved these fees may not be required.
- Celebrants/officiants or ministers are not a requirement for funeral services, but if you would like to have one attend, we can arrange this for you. Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings and embalming can be arranged at your request. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the day and the time. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements.
- The burial plot – these can vary in price depending on the location within the actual graveyard, but we would be happy to advise or assist you with the arrangement of this. We can help you with prices from £4405 (Strayfield Road Cemetery, Enfield).
Adding to the Traditional Funeral Package
The above can be added to in any number of ways. Austin, Davis and Son can help you by arranging items such as flowers and wreaths, and any number of funeral associated wishes or requirements. Whether it is a horse-drawn carriage to carry the coffin, bagpipes or balloon and dove releases, we can help.
Alternatives to a Traditional Funeral
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Direct Cremation Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018