Traditional Funeral Service - £1995
Our traditional funeral package provides families in London and Hertfordshire with a caring and dignified, more elaborate funeral service. The package can be adapted and tailored to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a medical institution, hospital or hospice (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Within a 25-mile radius of the M25, though we can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- Funeral arrangements at either your home or at our premises.
- Viewings at our Chapel of Rest (at your convenience).
- A choice of three high-specification coffins with name plate.
- Hearse: To transport the deceased to the funeral service.
- One limousine: To carry the family to the funeral service.
- Funeral Director and pallbearers: To officially escort the coffin to the service.
- Your choice of music at the service.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, £195, subject to location.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (outside office hours): £275, subject to location.
- Celebrants/Officiants/Ministers: Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings: Arranged at your request in our Chapel of Rest. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the time and day of the week. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements. The additional cost for viewings is because your loved one will need additional care before you sit with them. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements.
- Burial plot and burial fees/cremation fees: Burial plots vary in price, depending on the location within the actual graveyard. We can let you know prices based on your specific requirements, but as a gauge prices start from £4405 (Strayfield Road Cemetery, Enfield) for the purchase of plot and first interment. Cremation fees start at £949 (Enfield Crematorium).
- Doctors’ fees (cremation only): It is a statutory requirement for 2 doctors to sign for the Certificate of Cremation. The charge is £164 in total (two individual payments of £82). Please note that if Her Majesty’s Coroner is involved, these fees may not be required.
Disbursements, such as celebrant fees, are payable on arrangement. The outstanding balance is due 48 hours before funeral takes place
Adding to the Traditional Funeral Package
The above can be added to in any number of ways. Austin, Davis and Son can help you by arranging items such as flowers and wreaths, and any number of funeral associated wishes or requirements. Whether it is a horse-drawn carriage to carry the coffin, bagpipes or balloon and dove releases, we can help.
Alternatives to a Traditional Funeral
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Direct Cremation Package
Direct Burial Package
Simple Funeral Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018