Simple Funeral Service - £1495
Our simple funeral package provides families with a caring and dignified, less elaborate funeral service. The funeral can be adjusted to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- The transportation of the deceased from any hospital or hospice within a twenty five-mile radius of the M25. We can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care and funeral preparation of the deceased.
- Viewings in our private Chapel of Rest (one day before the funeral).
- A simple coffin with name plate.
- The transportation of the deceased by Hearse to the funeral service.
- Funeral Director and pallbearers to officially escort the coffin to the service.
- Your choice of music at the service.
- Burial fees for our local graveyard.
- The Certificate of Death.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- The transfer of the deceased from private addresses or nursing homes are subject to an additional charge, but we can arrange this for you for £275, subject to location.
- Doctors’ fees for signing the death certificate to enable a funeral service to take place. This is a statutory requirement for cremations and the charge is £164 in total (two payments of £82). Please note that if Her Majesty’s Coroner is involved these fees may not be required.
- Celebrants/officiants or ministers are not a requirement for funeral services, but if you would like to have one attend, we can arrange this for you. Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings and embalming can be arranged at your request. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the day and the time. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements.
- The burial plot – these can vary in price depending on the location within the actual graveyard, but we would be happy to advise or assist you with the arrangement of this. We can help you with prices from £4405 (Strayfield Road Cemetery, Enfield).
Adding to the Simple Funeral Package
Alternatives to a Simple Funeral
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Direct Cremation Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018