Simple Funeral Service - £1495
Our simple funeral package provides families with a caring and dignified, less elaborate funeral service. The funeral can be adjusted to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a medical institution, hospital or hospice (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Within a 25-mile radius of the M25, though we can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- A simple coffin with name plate.
- Hearse to transport the deceased to the funeral service.
- Funeral Director and pallbearers to officially escort the coffin to the service.
- Your choice of music at the service.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, £195, subject to location.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (outside office hours): £275, subject to location.
- Celebrants/Officiants/Ministers: Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings: Arranged at your request in our Chapel of Rest. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the time and day of the week. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements. The additional cost for viewings is because your loved one will need additional care before you sit with them. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements.
- Burial or cremation fee: Burial fees vary in price, depending on the location within the actual graveyard, with prices starting from £4405 (Strayfield Road Cemetery, Enfield). Cremation fees start at £949 (Enfield Crematorium).
- Doctors’ fees (cremation only): It is a statutory requirement for 2 doctors to sign for the Certificate of Cremation. The charge is £164 in total (two individual payments of £82). Please note that if Her Majesty’s Coroner is involved, these fees may not be required.
Disbursements, such as celebrant fees, are payable on arrangement. The outstanding balance is due 48 hours before funeral takes place.
Adding to the Simple Funeral Package
Alternatives to a Simple Funeral
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Direct Cremation Package
Direct Burial Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018