Direct Cremation Service - £975
Our direct cremation package helps families ease the financial burden with a simple and dignified cremation service. The cremation can be adjusted to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a medical institution, hospital or hospice (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Within a 25-mile radius of the M25, though we can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- A simple coffin, white shroud and name plate.
- Hearsette or private ambulance to transport the deceased to the cremation service, (which you are of course welcome to attend).
- Your choice of music at the service.
- Cremation fees for our local crematorium: Service time is before 9:30 am. Later times and alternative crematoriums are available, though are subject to additional fees.
- A simple ashes container.
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium and returned to a local family member.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, £195, subject to location.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (outside office hours): £275, subject to location.
- Doctors’ fees: It is a statutory requirement for 2 doctors to sign for the Certificate of Cremation. The charge is £164 in total (two individual payments of £82). Please note that if Her Majesty’s Coroner is involved, these fees may not be required.
- Celebrants/Officiants/Ministers: Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings: Arranged at your request in our Chapel of Rest. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the time and day of the week. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements. The additional cost for viewings is because your loved one will need additional care before you sit with them.
- Ashes courier delivery: Transportation of the ashes to you by courier can be arranged at your request. Prices are subject to the destination.
Disbursements, such as doctor’s fees, are payable on arrangement. The outstanding balance is due 48 hours before cremation takes place.
Adding to the Direct Cremation Package
The above can be added to in any number of ways. Austin, Davis and Son can help you by arranging flowers and wreaths, a scattering service at a later date, a memorial plaque at the crematorium or a rose bush in their Garden of Remembrance (where available).
Alternatives to Cremation
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Simple Funeral Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Direct Burial Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018