Direct Cremation Service - £975
Our direct cremation package helps families ease the financial burden with a simple and dignified cremation service. The cremation can be adjusted to suit your needs with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- The transportation of the deceased from any hospital or hospice within a twenty five-mile radius of the M25. We can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care and preparation of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- A simple coffin, white shroud and an engraved name plate.
- The transportation of the deceased by our private ambulance or Hearsette to the cremation service, which you are of course welcome to attend.
- Your choice of music at the service.
- Cremation fees for our local crematorium, with a service time before 9:30 am. Later times and alternative crematoriums can be used though are subject to additional fees.
- A simple ashes container.
- The Certificate of Cremation.
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- The transfer of the deceased from private addresses or nursing homes are subject to an additional charge, but we can arrange this for you for £275 subject to location.
- Doctors’ fees for signing the certificate of cremation to enable a cremation service to take place. This is a statutory requirement for cremations and the charge is £164 in total (two payments of £82). Please note that if Her Majesty’s Coroner is involved these fees may not be required.
- Celebrants/officiants or ministers are not a requirement for cremation services, but if you would like to have one attend, we can arrange this for you. Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings and embalming can be arranged at your request. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the day and the time. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements.
- We can arrange for the transportation of the ashes to you by courier at your request. Prices are subject to the destination, but we can help by arranging a courier to transport ashes within the UK and abroad.
Disbursements, such as doctor’s fees, are payable on arrangement. The outstanding balance is due 48 hours before cremation takes place.
Adding to the Direct Cremation Package
The above can be added to in any number of ways. Austin, Davis and Son can help you by arranging flowers and wreaths, a scattering service at a later date, a memorial plaque at the crematorium or a rose bush in their Garden of Remembrance (where available).
Alternatives to Cremation
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Simple Funeral Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018