Direct Burial Service - £1850 (inclusive of burial plot)
Our direct burial package helps families ease the financial burden with a simple and dignified burial. Some people simply do not want to be cremated, yet find the costs of burial plots prohibitive: our direct burial package includes the grave AND CEMETERY FEE. The direct burial package can be added to as you wish, with clear and transparent additional fees.
What is included in our fee?
- Our administration fees, professional service and expert advice.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a medical institution, hospital or hospice (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Within a 25-mile radius of the M25, though we can accommodate a removal from further afield and any additional mileage is charged at 85p per mile.
- The care of the deceased at our private Chapel of Rest.
- A simple coffin and biodegradable shroud.
- Your choice between two specific local cemeteries.
- Transportation of the deceased by our private ambulance to the burial (which you are of course welcome to attend).
- Your choice of music.
- Cemetery fee.
- Burial plot.
What is NOT included in our fee?
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (office hours): Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, £195, subject to location.
- Transfer of the deceased into our care from a private address or care home (outside office hours): £275, subject to location.
- Celebrants/Officiants/Ministers: Fees range between £198 – £250 approximately.
- Viewings of the deceased: Arranged at your request. This will cost approximately £195, depending on the time and day of the week. Please enquire for a cost for your particular requirements. The additional cost for viewings is because your loved one will need additional care before you sit with them.
Please note that embalming is not be possible for a direct burial.
Disbursements, such as celebrant fees, are payable on arrangement. The outstanding balance is due 48 hours before burial takes place.
Alternatives to a Direct Burial
Austin, Davis and Son Funeral Directors create individual, personal funerals, cremations and woodland burials; from the discrete to the lavish. Whether you know exactly what you want or need a little direction and advice, we are here to help you get it exactly right for on the day. To help you get started, the prices below give the basic prices for a funeral, which can be added to as you wish.
Direct Cremation Package
Simple Funeral Package
Traditional Funeral Package
Woodland Burial Package
Did You Know...?
“Independent funeral directors charge, on average, around 10% less for funerals than large corporates.”
The Competitions & Markets Authority interim report, 2018